After the success of my most recent run of Pokemon Pearl, I decided to do another Nuzlocke run, because we all need a little bit of depression in our lives, right? If you want to see the events, deaths, and results of my Pokemon Pearl Nuzlocke run, click here.
- If a Pokemon faints, they must be released or boxed until the run is over. No exceptions.
- The first Pokemon encountered in a route will be the only
Pokemon that may be caught in that route.
- If that Pokemon flees or faints, you cannot catch anymore Pokemon in this route.
- Multiple floors in certain caves can count as different areas, as they contain different Pokemon of different levels.
- Dupes clause. I may not catch two of the same Pokemon,
regardless of anything.
- I may catch Pokemon of the…
Read more >
A few weeks ago, after watching the Pokemon: The Origin, I really started to notice some really terrible things that really bothered me, mostly the battling. Just then, when I went back to the Pokemon Special Manga (commonly called Pokemon Adventures) I noticed the same issues. If that wasn't enough, I looked at a reletively old episode of the Pokemon anime and, sure enough, had the same problem.
Let's look at a more recent example in Pokemon: The Origin special. In the battle of Red and Giovanni, there comes a point when they use a Rhyhorn and a Jolteon, respectively. Jolteon is easily knocked out, considering that Rhyhorn is a Rock/Ground type after all. However, there are two things wrong with this scene:
Rhyhorn uses Thunderbolt. Okay, t…
Read more >